HISTORY OF THE INSTITUTE
The history of Kazakh Research Institute of Cotton begins with the decision of the Central Executive Committee and Council of People’s Commissars dd. July 12, 1927 creating on the territory of the farm “Pakhtaaral” the Experimental Irrigation Station, which was engaged in examinations of soils throughout the farm, development and improvement of farming techniques for cotton on soils prone to salinization in the Hunger steppe.
• The year 1932. The Experimental Irrigation Station has been transformed into Kazakh Republican Cotton and Alfalfa Experimental Station under the Central Asia Research Institute on Cotton (Sredaz NIHI).
• The year 1951. In connection with development of land and organization of new areas in the South Kazakhstan region (Illichevsk, Kirov, Kyzylkum), the activities of the Kazakh Republican Cotton and Alfalfa Experimental Station has been expanded, as a result the experimental station has been reorganized into PakhtaaralExperimental Zonal Integrated Station of the All-Union Order of Lenin Research Institute on Cotton (Soyuz NIHI), by the Decree of the USSR Council of Ministers dd. July 30, 1951 and the relevant Order of the Ministry of Cotton of USSR dd. August 8, 1951.
• The year 1959. In connection with the establishment of the Kazakh Academy of Agricultural Sciences, the experimental station has been greatly expanded and transformed into Republican Experimental Station with two control stations in Turkestan and Kaplanbek (Saryagash region).
• The year 1963. Because of transfer of the cotton-growing areas (Maktaaral, Dzhetysai, Kirov regions) in the south of the Kazakh SSR to the Uzbek SSR, the Republican Experimental Station has been re-transferred to the All-Union Order of Lenin Research Institute on Cotton (Soyuz NIHI), Tashkent, Uzbek SSR.
• The year 1970. After transfer of south cotton-growing areasfrom the Uzbek SSR(Maktaaral, Dzhetysay, Kirov regions) to the Chimkent region of the Kazakh SSR, the station has been renamed as “Pakhtaaral experimental cotton station” under the All-Union Order of Lenin Research Institute on Cotton (Soyuz NIHI).
• The year 1989. The Pakhtaaral experimental cotton station has been transferred to the Research and Production Association “Chimkent” under the Kazakh Academy of Agricultural Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan and renamed to the MaktaaralExperimental Cotton Station. By this time, the station employed more than 100 people, including more than 30 scientists.
• The year1997. InaccordancewiththeGovernmentresolutionof 24 July № 1175 the Maktaaral Experimental Cotton Station has been transfer red to the National Academic Center of Agricultural Research under the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
• The year 2002. Maktaaral experimental cotton station has been transferred to the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
• The year 2005. BytheGovernmentresolutiondd. November 22 №1150 the MaktaaralAgricultural Experimental Station has been reorganized into the State Branch Enterprise “Research Institute of Cotton the Republican State Enterprise “Southwest Research and Production Center of Agriculture” under the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
• The year 2007. In accordance with the Resolution of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan dd. May 22, 2007 No. 409 and the decision of the Board of Directors of the Joint Stock Company “KazAgroInnovation” the Center has been transformed into the “Research Institute of Cotton”Limited Liability Partnership under the Ministry of Agriculture of RK.
• The year 2008. In accordance with decision of the Board of Directors of the “KazAgroInnovation”Joint Stock Company, the name of the “Research Institute of Cotton” Limited Liability Partnership has been changed into the Kazakh Research Institute of Cotton Limited Liability Partnership under the Ministry of Agriculture of RK.
• The year 2015. According to the decision of the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Kazakhstan dd. September 18, 2015, the Kazakh Research Institute of Cotton Limited Liability Partnership has been transferred to the newly established non-profit joint stock company National Agricultural Research and Education Center under the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The Kazakh Research Institute of Cotton Limited Liability Partnership includes the head unit (160525 South Kazakhstan region, Maktaaral district Atakent village) and Shardara branch (160021 South Kazakhstan region Shardara district Usyn-Ata village), through which the research works on cotton cultivation, melon and perennial grasses cultivation, on irrigation, reclamation of saline soils and improvement of irrigated lands productivity are performed. Implemented the operative communication with local government, public institutions and cotton agro-formations of the South Kazakhstan region.